Jul 5, 2014

Summer - Adventure or Relaxation?!

A couple of days ago I was sitting at the airport in Munich, southern Germany, on my way home after 4 weeks in the US where I have preached, prayed for the sick and seen many give their lives to Jesus and be baptized in the Holy Spirit. Thank you dear Jesus!

My family came at the end for a ten day vacation in Mississippi and Texas, I am sooo thankful to God for my family! Now I am in Stockholm a couple of days before I fly to Tanzania for a big festival next week.

I love the summer! The last 20 years it's been a time of adventure, signs and wonders, but also some extra time for fun and of course a nice sun tan!


In Europe the entire society kinda goes down into a "low-gear-coma" from the middle of June until mid-August. Everyone look exhausted and takes a looooong pause or siesta. I have always had mixed emotions about this culture I have to say. Many just totally drop their routines and disciplines, and become confused, depressed and hebetated. Summer is a dangerous time where many lose their sharpness, readiness for battle and their spiritual sensitivity. Sin is luring at the door, and with that, also condemnation and its evil spiral...


Make a decision that the summer will instead be a time for more exercise and fun fellowship with family and good friends. The summer is a time for mission trips, spiritual adventures and breakthroughs. The summer is a lovely time with BBQ's and good laughs in the summer night, but also a time for salvation miracles and answers to prayer.

My son Adam (13 years old) was baptized in the Holy Spirit on a deck in front of a boat house in Austin Texas, after father and son had read the Bible together an early morning. Another summer-memory that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. So good and right in a way, to be baptized in the Holy Spirit right there on the deck in the morning sun...


Zip-lining between mountaintops in West Virginia and then healing miracles. Boat rides, gun shooting, motorcycle rides, and then people giving their lives to Jesus - yes, that is summer for the Amritzer family...

Why not make the summer a time for your adventure, instead of a time for your constant "relaxed defeat"?!

See ya!