Apr 3, 2011

On My Way to the Indian Subcontinent


Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and India have a population of about 1.5 billion people and maybe more than 2000 unreached people groups... Tomorrow I fly from Stockholm via Munich and Doha to Lahore in Pakistan...


I'm flying, soul in hand, and with a trembling and anticipating heart... What will Jesus' Spirit do?! It's been a battle, but now I only feel the wing beats of the angels in my kitchen... The festival in the Sialkot, a city of about half a million people, starts on Friday April 8th. Sialkot is situated right by the river Chenab, by massive mountains in the north-eastern parts of the country and right by the border to the India and the much disputed Kashmir province... Cricket is huge in all of Pakistan and the local 'Sialkot Stallions' are very popular, I've heard... I'll soon wake up to the sound of minarets, temple clocks and bargain with richa drivers... Pakistan, I'm praying for you today...


I pray for President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Sayed Yousuf Raza Gilani. I pray for the the 184 million in the nation - Sunni and Shia Muslims, Hindus and Christians... I pray for the Punjabis, the Pastuns, the Sindhis, the Mujajirs and the Balochiers... The street cleaners, the shoe-menders, the sales men in the tight basars, rich business men in Landcruisers, the farmers, soldiers and the dance girls in Heera Mandi, the prostitution qarters in Lahore - you are all on my mind today... I pray for the capital Islamabad, for the tender and frail democracy, lately shaken by the murders of brave and outspoken ministers... I pray for all those who are still homeless after the flooding... I wish peace, mutual respect and love between all of Pakistan's different religious groups. I pray for peace to work and continue to be able to export their beautiful textiles to the world and that the schools would function so all childern learn to read and write... I pray for peace, peace in heart and mind and miracle power in the name of Jesus!

I love you Pakistan! I am on my way to you!

See ya!