Jun 28, 2010

The Mega Church Impresses!

Shreveport Louisiana...

I'm sitting the hot sun by the hotel pool in Louisiana...

I preached twice yesterday - many saved! The church (Shreveport Community Church) that I'm visiting has more than 5000 people that call it their home and more than 4000 that supports it financially... It's a mega church that own its own Country Club, golf course (18 holes), pool and restaurant... They have their own Starbucks café in the church's concourse and have a school with more than 700 students, their own gym, youth church and a fabulous kids ministry etc... The mission work is gigantic! I am enjoying their hospitality, excellens, learning a lot and taking many impressions with me home to Stockholm...


The American south is sooo wonderful! I ate alligator on Saturday :). They have a strong accent and a great way of dressing... They have class, are value conservative and polite... A wonderful place on earth! I'm gonna read "Seven Years in Tibet" now, a story about the Austrian adventurer and discoverer Heinrich Harrer... He's from the same town as my dad; Knappenberg in southern Austria...

Today I fly to Stockholm!

See ya!