Sep 23, 2009

The Horn of Africa

I landed in Addis Abeba yesterday morning. Gabby and Samuel Strandberg met me (they are newly married - 5 days old), our Field Directors here at the Horn of Africa and soon Pastors in Harar Church of Joy! We had a great morning together in Addis at a traditional Ethiopian restaurant. We had Injera and drank Ethiopian coffee (all the traditional Ethiopan way...). We had deep conversations about marriage, the future for them both as newly married and pastors/missionary couple in Africa... Oh, how I love them!


Then I flew domestic to Dire Dawa and was met by Maja and Filip, two of our missionaries - so fun! Dire Dawa awakened a lot of memories. We had a wonderful festival with all churches in Dire Dawa during the spring of 2005, gathered over 20,000 people the last festival meeting. Many precious people were delivered from evil spirits, saved and healed! We worked with the EHBC church for a little more than than three years and was part of baptizing 500 people!


So many people gave their lives to Jesus during the festival in DD...


The car ride from DD to Harar is so beautiful (a serpentine road through mountains and desert), I enjoyed myself like a king - back in Africa - hallelujah!

In Harar we of course had Injera again (no problem , I love Injera) and then we had a gathering with our Ethiopian Bible School students and the entire team - so fun!

Today I went up at 5 AM to pray. I prayed for Stockholm, Somaliland and the Afar people! Since then I've had a Bible studie with the team, and tonight I teach the Bible School students and the team.

There will be a party for Gabby and Samuel as well! The team has bought two goats that I guess I'll have to slaughter soon. They have spray painted them with bright red letters - Samuel loves Gabby and Newly Married - not so Swedish, but fun and a little bisarr at the same time!

See ya!