Sep 16, 2014

Combat Soldier for the Kingdom of God!

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 
2 Tim 2:1

After an intense weekend at some of my best, and most faithful friends, Jeff and Melodie Leake, at Allison Park Church in Pittsburgh, I am teaching 2 days at our Bible School here (Northeast Ministry School). We yanked many people out of the jaws of the devil this weekend, and we helped a hungry disciple be baptized in the Holy Spirit!

I am sitting at the kitchen table at the church's guest house, coffee in hand, listening to one of the earliest CD's from the Word of Life, as I am working on different Bible studies... These texts and melodies from the late 80's, early 90's are strengthening to a middle aged soldier.


I have been a combat soldier for the Kingdom of God for 23 years and been saved 24 years... Kinda scarred with bullet holes through my ears, but still strong! Still love a real fight, and being on the field is a life style even though my boots are pretty worn and I get homesick more often now than I did 15 years ago...

Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 
2 Tim 2:3-4

A soldier for Jesus Christ stays sharp when he's at the absolute front lines and sometimes even behind enemy lines, he must be in order to survive... So, there is no better way to keep in good shape spiritually than to work with unreached peoples mission, plant churches and train disciples... Attack is the best defense, you know. To win, baptize and disciple people. To lead a house church, evangelize on the streets and go on missions trips regularly is SOS. Prayer is to breathe. Fasting - yes, sometimes against our will, and just to kill laziness and drowsiness - nowadays I love these disciplines...


Combat soldier. I've gotten used to it. Love it. We aren't playing around, occasionally we play some cards and listen to music in a dirty trench somewhere. We are thankful that the coffee tastes good even this morning. Thankful for sunshine on our nose. The love of Jesus fills my chest. Tears. Tired or effected - maybe both, don't really know anymore.

I have heard His voice. I'm sorry all my blog readers. But HE is calling! The trumpet is sounding. New missionaries and tasks. Have to button my shirt. The General is on His way, I hear His footsteps in camp already. Oh my, why didn't I shave? I should've polished my boots too... Well well, He knows and He owns my heart. But it must be perfect the next time. Just because I love HIM! Love when He speaks. All tiredness disappears and I have new courage just because I heard His voice. Must charge my weapon. Lift my chin. Soon I'll meet His eyes, that gives me new courage. He will soon pat me on my shoulder and say; Here you are, my faithful warrior... Have to run! Sorry. He is near... Bye bye!

See ya!