Aug 19, 2014

Fire in my bones!

But if I say, “I will not mention his word
 or speak anymore in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
 a fire shut up in my bones.
 I am weary of holding it in;
 indeed, I cannot.
Jer 20:9

Do you lack inspiration? Is your energy gone? Do you find it hard to motivate yourself? Do you feel like you’ve worked so hard, but for so little? You’re thinking: what’s wrong with me? What I am doing wrong? Why am I not on fire for God and the Kingdom of Jesus?



Listen my friend!


1. You have to find your way back to your heart’s worship, yes back to Jesus, your savior… Intimacy and walking close to the Father of the Blood Covenant will for sure light the fire on your heart’s altar and keep it burning again. Israel’s shepherd and our big God will light a fire in our bones… Believe me – a few simple worship songs will have tears of thankfulness streaming down your cheeks again. Sing to Him in your loneliness! I feel His lovely and strengthening presence just writing this – Jesus my beloved savior… (Lev 6:13)
                                                                                  

2. Your testimony and bold confession will overcome the enemy! Speak about Jesus! Tell others what He has done for you! I shared Jesus with someone on the metro today, on my way home from the office – the fire started burning! (Acts 2:3, Heb 10:23, Rev 12:11)

3. Listen to the Holy Spirit! He wants to whisper beautiful things in your ear and help you become happy. Don’t forget that He is there with you always, and His name is “Helper”. (Joh 15.26, 1 Thess 5:19)

4. Return to your holy calling! In the origin vision, and calling of your Christian life is also your inspiration and strength. (Jer 20:9)

5. Confess your sin! Sin will draw all energy from you – you will leak water because there’s a hole in your container… (Ps 32:1-5)

6. Give yourself to a church family and devote yourself to stand together with your siblings faithfully, all running in the same direction! Stop going in all directions like a homeless soul. Dare to take root. Take a deep breath and say: this is my family! (Heb 10:24-25)


I hope and pray that all my blog readers will continue to burn for Jesus! To all our church members in Stockholm: see you at the Kick Off Sunday August 31st dear church! I am longing to preach at home again, but also to seek direction together with you all. See you at Norra Latin on Drottninggatan 71B at 4 pm!


See ya!