Nov 17, 2012

The Art of Enjoying


I had almost forgotten how to enjoy life... I've worked really hard for 20 years. Traveled,  taught, preached and written books... Arranged festivals among unreached people groups, preached at conferences, mission bases, Bible schools and at new church plants. Country after country, jet-laged, after nights of no sleep I've experienced wonderful adventures with countless miracles. I am so thankful to God that I have been able to proclaim the message of forgiveness through Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to freedom in over two decades already...

But... This fall I am taking time off. Since the middle of October and until the new year I am not working at all. After many tests and examinations, several doctors have more or less demanded that I have to rest for my physical health's sake. Think I actually need to breathe just in general. It's hard to admit it, but this is what it is... It's hard when the only thing you know is work, but not how to relax and have time off ;). To really be off work, relaxed and reflect is an art that not many can master...
Our Swedish soccer hero; Zlatan Ibrahimovich...

I'm trying to learn this art of enjoying the minor matters of life like reading the newspaper's column on Swedish politics and the sports section on our soccer pro, Zlatan's, accomplishments. I'm working out, getting some sun, cooking, watching old movies again like Braveheart and going to the movies. So far I've seen the new movies; Palme, Skyfall and Call Girl. We bought a little black German Shepherd puppy; Tyson. I am so enjoying walking with him in the parks and teaching him to come, sit, shake paw, you know what I mean... I'm enjoying Bruno Mars songs like "The Lazy Song" and "Count on Me" :).

Our new family member; Tyson :)...

A warrior and bear has entered into deep winter sleep, but after new year I think it's time for him to awake again... But right now we'll sleep a little longer :)...

See ya!