Nov 22, 2012

Home to My Dear Austria


The Pastoral team of SOS Church Stockholm surprised me with a trip to my childhood's Austria... You are, without a doubt, the best friends in the world! I love you and do not deserve your love. Thankful and humble tears are filling my eyes as I write...

So, tomorrow I'll fly from Arlanda via Vienna to Klagenfurt in southern Austria. Planning to rent a car and drive up to the little alp village Knappenberg, at the altitude of 3609 feet. I will visit my dear old "Oma" i.e grandma. She is 88 years old and still totally unbeatable in the card game "Doppeldeutsche Schnapskarten" :). I will stay with my aunt Heidi and enjoy the good nature and food of my home Kärtnen...
Knappenberg...

I was born in Vallach right on the Italian border and came to Sweden for the first time in 1976. After we moved to Sweden the second time in 1980, after my parents divorce, I spent all my free time as a child with my family in Knappenberg. There I have warm memories from Christmases, winter holidays, Easter and summer holidays. Knappenberg was a firm point in my pretty turbulent childhood and teenage years...

I am going to read Austrian magazines, play cards, eat good and laugh a lot; that's pretty much my plan :).

Auf Wiedershen or see ya!