Jul 1, 2012

Why I Do Not Drink Alcohol


First I have to say that there are no Biblical or spiritual arguments needed when it comes to being an absolutist and totally sober. Just think about all the traffic accidents that are related to alcohol, crimes and assaults that happen while drunk. So much sorrow, grief, blood and broken teeth are floating in the wake of the luxurious yaht with the colorful lamps between its masts... It started with laughter, lime of the side of the glass and an umbrella in the drink, and ended with salty tears after unfaithfulness and fights...
All children should grow up in secure homes without alcohol and drugs. All women should be loved, touched and courted by sober men that show respect...

1) Christian law of love. Read Luke 17:1-2, Rom 15:15, 21.

I never want my life style to be the reason for someones fall. Help me God to never lead anyone astray that is weak and fighting for a new life as sober.

2) Set apart for holy ministry. Read Lev 10:8-10, Num 6:1-3.

I am a priest before God, set to serve humanity by being an example that is worth following; help me God!

3) A sound and secure life.

My family and my friends enjoy when I am totally sober. They deserve more than "drunk talk", swearing and anxiety... I want to enjoy life 100% and will therefore stay sober...

See ya!