Feb 16, 2012

Curious?

Someone once invented the wheel, the alphabet, the internet and space shuttles... These people must have, in old and modern history, been very curious...

Are you curious? I don't mean gossip-wise now, but to gather knowledge, solve problems and invent new things. I want to know, create, think new and be creative. I want to develop and not stand still. I refuse to stagnate and become a cynical 'know-it-all'...

Did you know that there used to be female gladiators, that 250,000 Swedes died in the Black Death and that the hourglass probably was invented in Italy?! Did you know that it's a myth that the Vikings had horn on their helmets?! Did you know that Winston Churchill smoked as many as 6-10 cigars every day?! Chess was inveted in Persia around 500 AD, that the first baby-stroller was built in the 18th century and that the saxophone was made by Belgian Adolphe Sax... Well, well, those who are interested are taking notes ;).
Adolphe Sax

I know all this because I read the magazine "Everything About History" and because I'm extremly curious. I love life and have the greedy appetite of the travelling adventurer!

I had the privilege of teaching hungry students at Hedmarktoppens folk-highschool in Hamar, Norway yesterday and today... Last night about 30 very spiritually curious and hungry Norwegian youths were baptized in the Holy Spirit and started speaking in tongues for the first time in life! Long live curiousity!

See ya