Jun 7, 2011

Stuff I Never Have Time to Do...

Waiting on surgeries for my crushed knee I now have time to do a lot of things I never had time to before...

- Having Bible studies with my kids every day now... Seven days a week instead of one day a week! We have almost started our own Bible School here at our kitchen table :).
- Training muscles I haven't trained or knew I had with weights and other creative excercises in my yard...


- Spending time with friends and siblings from the church, playing chess, cards and having cook outs like never before...
- Reading newspapers; have never read as many magazines before in my life and have new knowledge on a lot of random stuff like;

Michaelangelo's master piece, the huge granit sculpture from 1504, 'The Biblical Hero David' is risking to collapse due to cracks in his ankles...
The 5000 year old Austrian-Italian caveman 'Ötzi' that was found totally intact in the glacier 1991 was 45 years old, 160 cm tall and died by an arrow...

Ötzi...

The Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels produced 3D films as early as in 1936 according to a new film archive in Berlin...
Cavemen from southern England used sculls as drinking vessels...
The jojo could have been used as a hunting weapon by hunting tribes in the Phillippines...
The first European café was opened in Vienna 1683 after the besiegement of the Turks was lifted and the Austrians found huge bags of strange black beans that the enemy had left behind...
Teruo Nakamura, a soldier from Taiwan, surrendered 1974 (29 years after World War 2). Nakamura protected and stubbornly held the Indonesian island Morotai from the allies and refused to give up his post...

Well, well... Why should we know these things really... Pretty unnecessary knowledge... But kinda fun too :)...

See ya!