May 28, 2011

My Harley Davidson is Crying

A motorcycle accident usually has very dramatic consequenses, if the driver even survives... Head, neck or back injuries that turns a happy biker into a vegetable or, if he's lucky, he's bound to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. That's why I am soooo grateful to God that I'm alive after my accident on Wednesday...

I was changing lane on the Huddinge Road(Road 226) from Stockholm to Tullinge where I live, and was stopping for a red light... The coarse gravel, still on the road after this winter, caused both wheels to let go at the same time and my beautiful Harley slithered across the asphalt 13-19 feet with my right leg jammed underneath. I was not going fast, probably about 15-20 mph when it happened... I thought my leg had been torn off, the pain was so severe, I cried and screamed like a toddler when my leg was released... It was first when the paramedics came that I could talk... At the Karolinska Hospital they found out that two ligaments had been torn off in my right knee... There was also crushed bone in my knee cap...

I have been drugged by morphine at the hospital for two days, but now I'm at home on my couch with my family...

I'll have to wear an orthosis on my right leg and walk with crutches for eight weeks and then have at least one, maybe two knee-operations. After that physical therapy and a looong time of rehabilitation... I'll probably have to live with the crutches for about six months... But I do believe in miracles and superfast healing - let's see :)...

My beautiful Harley - before the accident...

I think my kids were mostly worried that mom and I talked about selling the Harley :)... "Don't do it dad!" they said in chorus. They love their little brother; "Sportster" born 2002 and know that he is crying more than daddy right now... We'll see... Let's hope that the insurance company takes care of you my friend... Motor bikes for sure have a place in God's creation ;). We are crying with you today...

Thank you Jesus for life and muscular angels!

See ya!