Nov 4, 2010

Masada and The Dead Sea

Dad and I at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem

Yesterday I walked the "snake path" up and down Mount Masada. Once upon a time it was King Herod's desert palace and later on the Zealots last stronghold against the Romans, under the leadership of Ben-Yair Ellasar. The Zealots would let the Romans take them alive, so instead the 967 people all committed corporate suicide AD 73 after a 3 year siege…

I once again walked away victorious from the fight against "getting old", even though my breakfast came up half up the "sanke path" :). I wiped my mouth, took a sip of water and continued on … SOS Army discipline ;).

Dad Ewald...

My dad Ewald floated like a large cork in the Dead Sea ;). Thank you Jesus for great moments in your Word today… Will you join me to Israel next year?!

See Ya!