Nov 29, 2010

Kissing and Truth-Telling

I read one of my best friend's blogs today and I thought - wow, this is good! Read and learn!

Kissing & Truth-Telling

I was reading in my devotions this morning and came across this familiar verse in Proverbs 24: An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.

I was meditating on several ways this is true.

1. Having someone tell you the truth is a GIFT! Living in self-delusion is both a trap and a path toward pain.

2. Hearing the truth is easier and best from those who have earned the right. We don't just let anyone kiss us on the lips. :)

3. If you truly care about someone - you can express it by telling them the complete truth. Another Proverb says- 'better is open rebuke than hidden love.'

4. As you tell them the truth make it much like a kiss and less like a punch in the face.

5. When someone cares enough to speak the truth in love - receive it like a kiss not like a punch in the face.

Maybe you need to kiss someone today?

Jeff Leake