Oct 13, 2010

From Hell to Heaven


Landed in Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic Monday morning... Got a rental car and cruised together with my good friend Gerry Stoltzfoos along beaches, through rainforest mountains on small serpentine roads to Padre Las Casas for another miracle festival...

The same island, two countries, two languages, two cultures and at the moment the difference is like hell and heaven. I am describing the difference between Haiti and the DR. Haiti; after the earthquake is a dark devastated and extremly poor place on the earth, the DR on the other hand, is a super modern vacation paradise. It was actually a chock just arriving at the airport in Santa Domingo. Here they speak Spanish and not Creol, Latino culture and not Carribean and salsa, bachata rythms and dance... :)

Last night I spoke at Freedom Valley (one of our partner churches in the US) Gettysburg's festival together with their missionaries in Padre Las Casas. Wow! Fun! Happy people on a little stadion in the middle of the town that tried to teach me dance "bachata". It's a dance style that has become very popular here again because of the DR band; Aventura... Everyone dances bachata now... Hard, but fun ;).


About 500 responded to my salvation invitation last night and many, many were miraculously healed! I am very tired, but happy!

Many testified from stage how Jesus had healed them...

I have a lot of time to pray and whisper with the Holy Spirit in the mornings here... I enjoy it very much and it is so good for me to be in the presence of the Spirit. I need it more now than ever... I am preaching tonight again! Wonder what the Spirit will do?! Exciting!

I'm flying home tomorrow. Longing for Maria and the kids, and the church of course... They are in good hands though - my Assistant Pastors, Daniel Elvelyck, Emma Gustafsson and Julia Willkander takes good care of our new believers...

I'm hoping to see many of them on Sunday when I preach at home again!

See ya!