Jun 8, 2010

Desire for Freedom!

Sunday morning I woke up at 4:45... I am staying alone at the Allison Park Church guest house in Pittsburgh, PA. (I preached and ministered to people for a long time Saturday night and Sunday I was scheduled for another two services...) After making coffee I spent 50 minutes Bible meditating on Isaiah 60 before bursting into prayer...

There is a great desire for freedom in my chest.When I was 18 I rid myself of everything, that is all the unnecessary things, not sound loyalty bonds and bonds in general to people... I was bird free, newly saved and full with a desire for adventure... 19 years later (at 37) I am still free... I do however own a house, a car, a motorcycle, and a couple of hunting rifles but I can rid myself of it all any day and would love to share.

Freedom is defined: free to follow Jesus, or free to obey the Holy Spirit or why not simply to know your calling...

To cruise along in the sunset on a Harley is freedom that costs tax, insurance, gas, inspection, service, etc... To get a tattoo of an eagle on your arm is freedom that bleeds and fades in the sun... The hunting and fishing trips are over so fast...


To be called by Jesus and to obey the Holy Spirit is freedom for real – the Great Commission, unreached peoples and signs and wonders!

Mission SOS represents our desire for freedom – faith, people and adventure until all have heard the message about the forgiveness, the power, and the resurrection of Jesus!

Thank You Jesus for our freedom! Thank You Jesus for the call to down town, the people and the nations!

See ya!