Aug 2, 2009

On my way home for a short visit to Austria...

Last night I got home at 230 am... I married a wonderful, relatively newly saved couple (they are members of SOS Church Stockholm), Emma Sunesson and Stefan Blom. I made a "serious" mistake at the church towards the end of the ceremony as I was to introduce the new couple to a full church. The couple at told me several times and made it very clear that they were to take his surname, Blom, as their surname, so there were no doubts about it. I also had it written in ink on my outline... Even though I read Blom, I hear my mouth loud and clear say: and now let me present the newly weds: Mr and Mrs Sunesson (her surname)... I lost it... Total chock for both the newly weds and their families... There simply was no recovery. Well, well... I get ahold of myself, laugh out loud and exclaim: What did I just say?! Mr. and Mrs Blom and nothing else! Two zero to the Bloms! Anyway... the feast was so warm, heart filled and fun, what great families - but it got late as I mentioned... Today I am tired.

I will soon be on my way to the airport again.I will fly to Vienna and Austria tonight. Will be nice to come "home" for a short while... Talk, listen to, and read some German again. Always feels so good and it brings back childhood memories... Everything was bilingual while growing up. I came to Sweden when I was about to turn four... I communted between Austria and Sweden very often and regularly throughout my upbringing. During my parents divorce, again I stayed for some time in Austria as a six year old...


Defining "home" nowadays is not easy... I am still an Austrian citizen but married to a Swede and my kids are totally Swedish... Personally though, I think that I tend to become more and more a foreigner as the years pass... One stops trying to live an act, you know... You relax... You are the one you are... I will never be a "true" Swede or Austrian... Second generation immigrant with constant identity crisi (giggle). I have a too hot temper, to many gestures, and am to loud to be a Swede yet I am not quite accepted down in Austria either cause I speak "highschool" German even though I will soon turn 36... No Swedish accent but I use to few words... That's life... Still I will enjoy three days of preaching at Vienna Christian Center. Thank You Jesus! I have two homes: one in Austria and one in Sweden and a true home in the will of God and in His Kingdom!

See Ya!