May 18, 2009

The Battle for Focus and Harmony

Many times when I meet Christians for counseling I pretty soon realize that the root of the "problems" is more about wrong focus and wrong priorities... The crisis in the marriage, the reason to why I'm "burned out" or of the disappointment / bitterness that is constantly puddled is caused by a resistance and / or indolence to live the simple Jesus life and to obey the Great Commission... A Christian life without constant fishing of men and discipleship training quickly becomes introvert and self centered. It comes to a point where everything is about how I feel... I need... I want... I do not want... I... I... I... Dear blog reader: - Are you blue? - Do you think that life is chaotic?


Here comes a checklist that will get any former warrior back in business fast:

1)Do you have a strong inner life?! (ie daily Bible reading / meditation and lots of worship, prayer in tongues...)

2)Do you care for your family? (conversations, play, love, sex, vacation etc.)

3)Are you raising up new believers to become disciples of Jesus? (ie conversations about baptism, prayers for baptism in the Holy Spirit, the Bible, deliverance, etc)

4)Do you share the Gospel with non-Christians every week?

5)Are you living a sound life? (ie work-out, eat right, and relax at times...)

The best thing I know is spending time with my Maria and our kids...

If you can check off on the first three points then there should already be a nice harmony in your life and if you can do the same for the last two then by now your life should be great...

The battle and the spiritual warfare is most often about focus. Your flesh needs to be crucified daily and the Great Commission from Jesus be taken seriously. Life truly is great and the Holy one serves us so many surprises if we just dare to follow Jesus and His simple lifestyle and advise found in the gospels. The life that is depicted in the Book of Acts is a life following the Spirit. One can live life with a capital L in Stockholm and to the ends of the earth... Life is spelled JESUS!

See ya!