Apr 8, 2009

Easter with My Family...

I'm sitting at the kitchen table trying to learn one of Pelle Karlsson's (famous Christian Swedish singer) old revival hits; "When You Cross the River" for a funeral that I'm conducting this afternoon... I've listed to both Christer Sjögren's and Alf Robertson's (Swedish singers) versions on the internet. In a weak moment I promised to play and sing two "old revival hits" (stretch and grow, right?!...) I've had two funerals in a short period of time now and it is really a time to reflect. If I die tonight, have I said everything I need to say, and am I friends with everyone around me?


Easter is coming up, and tomorrow I fly to southern Sweden to Sölvesborg to visit a dear old friend, Pastor Tommy Lilja. I'm speaking at two services at the Easter Conference in his church... It will be so wonderful to meet Tommy and Carina and their wild gang again!


On Sunday afternoon SOS Church is having an Easter Celebration at the same Restaurant as last Sunday, the Tai Mai Restaurant. (Click for directions)... The celebration starts at 4 PM with Thai buffé for $6.25, then we'll have Easter eggs with lots of candy for the kids, games, pranks, Julia Willkander will sing Easter songs and I'll try to preach a little bit at the end... Welcome, bring your family and especially friends that are seekers and celebrate Easter with us downtown!

See ya!