Mar 16, 2009

Happy Church Planters and a Miracle Offering!

This morning I preached at "Fregatten", the Culture Center downtown Stenungsund, Sweden. Bethel Church from Klädesholmen, Sweden and Christian Center West had a combined service and what a service it was! Wonderful to spend time together with friends like Thomas Jonsson and Yngve Bergstöm, I really like them and our friendship is deep and genuine. I sold quite a bit of my books this weekend as well; my books are actually selling well. Click here!

After the service I took the 50 min flight from Landvetter Airport to Arlanda, got into a car and drove downtown Stockholm to be part of our own service. I arrived just in time for Pastor Daniel Elvelyck's preaching. I happened to miss the Ethiopian songs and dances, a shame since I love to dance... Anyway I am happy that I did make it to the sermon; what a great reviving message! What a sermon! Daniel preached about one of David's mighty men, the renowned Benaiah (2 Sam 23:20-23). " He also went down into a pit on a snowy day and killed a lion". A sermon about a fight was not "fun" but "bloody", yet totally decisive for Benaiah's future career and position as chief of the bodyguard... A fight, a battle for life and death, alone with a lion on a cold day when it also snows is not fun at the time, but may be totally decisive for out future. Fight, battle, and conquer in life!

Today we took up our first offering since the new year in this church planting embryo... We collected $12,249 (cash and pledges)!!! Given the fact that we were roughly 70 adults today, I would say not bad at all... We are laying the foundation for a prosperous and victorious downtown church and the pioneer joy seems to have no limit in the wild gang of heroes! I believe in the future more than ever before! One heart and one soul. One vision and one culture. A people that marches and cries out: "Give us Stockholm and the unreached peoples!"

Tomorrow I will fly to Bulgaria
for a three day Holy Ghost Festival at Signs and Wonders Church with my beloved Walter and Linda Zuniga!

See ya!