Feb 22, 2011

The World Needs Men!

Yesterday Chris Gilkey (former Marine) took me to a shooting range here in Austin, Texas for our day off... So fun and typical Texas in a way ;). We shot clay pigeons for hours! The bruises on my right upper arm tells me that we had really fun yesterday! Men become boys on a shooting range with a Winchester 1400 in their hands and clay pigeons flying in from all angles :). After the shot-guns it was time for pistol shooting and I shot with two of my favorite guns; a Colt Commander 45 and an Austrian Glock 357... Masculin fellowship and fun "guy-time" ;). I shot pretty well yesterday and fell asleep with a smile on my face - even though Chris was a much better shot than I and our instructor Wes a pro...


We had steak and salad in the evening, played cards and sat for hours in the Gilkey's bubble pool in the yard, having deep spiritual conversations... What a great day! What good friends :)!

Today I am meditating over the need of real men in the Kingdom of God and the world. Manhood is not about shooting, steaks, the press bench, muscles or the raw jargon and the heartfelt laughter in first hand. But man's secure identity and joy for life should instead spring out from a good relationship to God, and the fact that he is taking care of his family and society. The man and true manhood is important. Don't be ashamed of being a man! Your wife needs a man, not a wimp. You kids need the firmness of a man, his support and encouragement. God loves men- God created us to be man and woman. My Maria is a woman, I'm not. She is my feminine side - I don't have one. I have no need to be feminine. I married a woman, she is feminine and I love it.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
1 Cor 16:13

Praying for SOS Church today! Praying that our men will be strong and take responsibility! Praying that more strong families will join the church!

See ya!