Oct 11, 2009

The Nobel Peace Prize, TD Jakes and Stockholm...

President Obama...

At this very moment the entire world is debating whether President Barack Obama really deserves the Nobel Peace Prize or not. Is it necessary to have accomplished something for world peace first or is it enough to have ignited hope coupled with the best of intentions?! Everyone seems to want to have an opinion and it is almost demanded to have a say or else one is considered dumb. Or?

My Maria articulated it so well yesterday: “Why nag over and engage oneself in things that I can not influence? I ant to put my effort and energy into the things that I actually can influence.”
Quote: Maria Amritzer

So right, honey! The Norwegian Nobel committee has made its choice and will most likely not change. The question remains: For the sake of world peace, does it really matter who is rewarded with old Alfred's price? Will the prize change the situation in Darfur, will it change the way lunatics like Venezuela's Hugo Chavez or Iran's Ahmadinejad think? Does a peace prize make a difference in Somalia, Afghanistan, or Irak? No, probably not, but perhaps it will encourage President Obama some...

Pastor TD Jakes...

Today I am reading an interesting book by Pastor TD Jakes called Before You Do – Making Great Decisions, with my morning coffee. So good! This afternoon I will preach at SOS Church and hope that I through the gospel will be able to change and influence a small part of Stockholm and make life better for the group of people that have been entrusted to me as their shepherd. I want to put my energy on the things that I actually can influence today.

See Ya!