Oct 1, 2009

Disciples of Jesus!?


Are you really a true disciple of Jesus if all you want to do is to hear an exert from the Bible a Sunday here and there and that you believe that the ethic and morale of the Bible is good? If all you live for is to fulfill your own dreams and to have a career in a business or in society, are you then a follower of Jesus?! Ego trip and God on my own terms!? God bless me. God help me do what I want. Me, myself, and I in the center... I want and I do not want. What happened to the Great Commission, the cross to carry, the radical life of Jesus and the pulse of the Book of Acts? Life with a capital L is not about my dream but instead about serving Jesus and to be part in fulfilling His vision and dream – that every people has the chance to hear the Gospel of the Kingdom. Jesus is Lord and I am not...

Many so called Christians are so busy doing everything but what Jesus commanded and at the same time wonder why the Christian life does not work. Many Christians never pray, fast, or share their faith with seekers and hungry people and then at the same time wonder why there is anxiety, emptiness on the inside and depression. Life it self, the flow, and the energy is with Jesus and in following him radically. I want to be like Him, and obey and do his commands just as they are when I read them in the New Testament.

To apologetically blame the need to provide, my partner, drive my kids, home care, car service, studies as reasons why I have no time for evangelisation and discipleship training does not hold up... At least not for those who call themselves for credible disciples of Jesus...

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.”
Luke 9:23-26
We need to get the job done now!

See Ya!