Mar 31, 2009

Rocky

I came home to Stockholm yesterday after a longer period of time out of the country, and had such a great time with my kids! They are really growing up. We giggled and laughed hard during supper, they are so wonderful! Maria worked the night shift so I saw the first "Rocky movie" from 1976...


I'm gonna see all the Rocky movies on my time off during this spring, it's a promise! Sylvester Stallone playes the role so well as the "Italian Stallion" from Philadelphia. A mediocre boxer and looser that get's a chance to fight for the heavy weight boxer title and breaks through from the hoods and becomes a famous boxer! An old "sob story" for men, a real classic that you just must see, kind of like the "God Father" movies... Rocky trains in the cooling room of the slaughterhouse and hits his hands to bloody raw meat, runs through the streets with bricks in his hands and fitness trains on the staircases in the city. I love the whole thing, a fighter with a simple working-class background that fights to survive... I've inherited my passion for boxing from my dad that used to box during the later half of the sixties... We're many that weren't born with silverspoon in our mouths, but we fight to do more than survive - and we win, especially when Jesus steps into the ring!

Tonight I'm meeting with my SOS leaders in Sweden (the Pastoral team of SOS Church Stockholm) in our home to pray, read the Bible and and plan! I'm longing for them!

See ya!